The Wellesley Historical Society cares for a collection of photos, archives and uniforms related to Wellesley veterans. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to research or make a donation to our collection.
Wellesley Historical Society Archives Related to Veterans
Thank you to the Wellesley Community Preservation Committee and the State Historic Records Advisory Board for their generous support; these collections were processed with grants from both organizations.
Individual and Family Archives, click here to access collections listed below
- Chellis Family: Robert Dana Chellis, Vietnam-era
- Early Family: Jack Early, WWI
- Fiske Family: Joseph Fiske, Civil War
- Gleason Family: Edward Henry Gleason, WWII
- Rice Family: Charles Rice, War of 1812
- Tartari Family: Joseph and Antonio Tartari, WWII; James Tartari, Vietnam-era
- White Family: Henry D. White, WWII
- American Legion, Wellesley Post 72
- Soldiers Club of Needham (1875-1891)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars, Wellesley Post 5190
- Wellesley Vietnam Summer / Wellesley Vietnam Peace Project
Additional Resources in the Wellesley Community
- List of Wellesley Veterans who attended Wellesley High School: Students at the Wellesley High School completed a significant project in 2016 to document the veterans that attended Wellesley High School. Please check out their database by clicking here.
- DD Form 214: Discharge papers for Wellesley Veterans are kept in the West Suburban Veterans’ District office at the Wellesley Town Hall. This collection dates back to WWI. Contact Sarada Kelpee, Director of the West Suburban Veterans’ District at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-489-7509 for more information. Please note that some information may be restricted due to privacy issues.
- Memorial Grove: WWI memorial. Click here for more information.